
Visual kei eh? Very in now huh. For more info, check out HERE and HERE.
Seems like it is been increasingly popular and many people think it is cool. And thus the growing fad in jrock bands. Well if you knew how visual kei first started out, I bet many people would be freaked out and scared off instead. When it first started out with X Japan followed closely by Dir en grey (has lost its VK-ness) and Malice Mizer (disbanded) just to name a few popular ones, I think many people would have thought that they were simply crazy. Their VK was the ultimate, ranging from goth, to evil, and to even feminine. People thought they were crazy transvestites if they were not familiar with the Japanese music scene and culture.
But it seems, I noticed, that the more recently formed bands are also following in the same footsteps, however they are becoming milder. Their appearance do not scream outrageous like they used to, but are just fanciful enough. I am not slamming any bands here, I love them all, but I prefer the good old taste of Visual kei. I admit that I am not too big a fan of the totally out of the world style like X japan and Malice Mizer had, it is a bit too much to take for me (must have spent hours on their looks I admire the effort) but over the years in a span of about 7 or 8, it is been mellowing down to something that, I do not know how to explain really. Rawr I make no sense, so I shall stop.
I think that Rodeo, the music video of Due le quartz, is like the coolest video ever done (: All that spinning around gives me dizziness, and it is like the whole video is on drugs or something. Now that is the real meaning of the VK scene, the underground music culture of
If you are interested to look, then please be patient and wait for a while for it to load. Rodeo loads pretty slow though, you might wanna pause it and let it load before watching the whole thing at one go. And these videos are best heard with your earphones plugged into the computer (: REALLY.
Due le quartz, what can I say, I love them to bits x) of course miyavi is the talented guitarist in there, and still is XD Dlq disbanded in 2002 though, which left me crying after watching their last live. Em maybe some people might not like the music, all these jrock needs some time to get adjusted listening to. I love every bit of this video, it is really well done. Apologise for the bad quality though, hope resizing helps (: do not get dizzy watching this lol.
And then you can compare them with Alice Nine. Very popular band now. Then you will know what I mean by the recent milder version of VK. Not one of them looks damn gothic or damn feminine, it is not a bad thing, I think they all look awesome and it is cool, but somehow I think that it is not as WOW compared to older times XD I feel kinda sad over the fact that why indie bands start off with very strong visual appearance, and then start to mellow down into something more normal when they make it bigger and bigger. (fyi all of them here belong under an indie label company just to clear things) but somehow I feel that these bands should just keep their original look (:
Alice Nine is okay to me, and in terms of music they are more melodious than the usual hysterical screaming I listen to. This is the video of Velvet, which I think are the more catchier songs they have (: and I absolutely love the sparkles and glitters in the video. Makes the whole thing look so glam, but yet quite manufactured and packaged nicely, unlike the naturalness of Rodeo. Rodeo is something you will see very commonly in the streets of
Sorry for the uber long posts? I am like screwing up my page haha. If you can see the difference between the two videos, then yay me love you x) and as for a goodie I will give you Gazette! Em some of their songs are really nice, and some are just alright for me. This is a live performance of The Social Riot Machines, and I think they did a pretty good job at their DISORDER concert. That stage and those lightings are WICKED I tell you XD Kai is the cute drummer at the back haha. HE ALWAYS GETS KISSED BY MIYAVI ZOMFGWTFBBQ IM SO JEALOUS LOL. Anyway this is one HOT ROCKING performance, they are not bad yo. I love it when they swing side to side with the music (if you look closely). Ruki was not singing much here, he was just rapping. But still good anyways.
One last thing before I head to bed, MIYAVI IS BIG LOVE! HAH.
{ C }
the kind of girl who mopes around about stuff ALOT
& somedays on mute mode
A LEFT-HANDER WHO FEEDS ON JROCK :D
Is a caffeine addict, & doesn't mind giving up talking for good.
With not much self-confidence to start with, her ugly teeth upset her a lot but she plans to do nothing about it. Cheap thrills include rainy days, graphic designing, writing & a little dosage of her jrock darlings.
Can conjure up some really good shit in her mind sometimes, but has problems putting them onto paper and into reality.
Overall an average kid who's neither here nor there in everything she does, & gets bothered by it sometimes. Has trouble finding her direction in life.
Mostly negative and wishes to be more apathetic. Currently finding a way to start a new life in Japan, with a different name.
Still likes to talk to inanimate things like her stuffed penguin.
♥REITA,
just because.
THEM
% B % C % E % F
% G % J % J % K
% M % M % M % S
% S % W % Y % Z
OTHERS
% DEAL DESIGN % HARUGIN
NOTE: click on VIEW on your browser toolar bar above, go to (CHARACTER) ENCODING, and select UNICODE.